Cabinet Doors

okiegal2009November 7, 2009

I got four cabinet doors at a garage sale this weekend. I got four doors for a total of $2.00. I am trying to post pictures, and would like ideas on what to do with them. they have frosted glass.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

Hi Okiegal.
I feel badly that no one has answered you. I don't have any ideas which is why I haven't. Except you could put them together in a square and put a top on for a plant stand. Hinge them all together as a mini divider. Paint one a bright color and mosaic or paint your house number on the glass and hang on your front porch. (Make sure you use exterior paint, especially if you don't have a covered porch.)
Have fun and post a pic of your results!
kathy

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 12:14PM
jeanwedding

Yeah wanna see pics please.
Jean

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 7:35PM
mariend

Cabinet doors can be turned into message centers. In fact we bought one, small--added cork to the middle and put cup hooks on the sides for keys. Ours was unfinished, so SIL painted with clear varnish. Sure looks nice. on the wall right next to phone.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 7:44PM
kitch_n_kat

Like the above ideas...also....

* I've seen these interior-lit tables in different catalogs....in a kid's room as a night light or more elegent in other areas for ambient lighting...just build a box using the cab. doors as the sides...and put a lamp inside....could go in a lot of style directions. Fun!

Can think of more ideas...but maybe they've found a function by now.... hope so!

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon product page- lighted side table

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 12:28PM
sprout_wi

I have seen the cutest serving trays made from cabinet doors. The wood was refinished or painted, four small feet were attached to the underside and a decorative drawer pull was attached to each side for handles.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 12:07AM
More Discussions
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Old Bookcase Gets A New Coat Of Paint
This old bookcase was on its way to the trash when...
AmateurDecor101
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™