Wedding Anniversary gifts

deborahsmithJanuary 29, 2009

Our wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks.. and i want to gift my husband something unique.He really loves wine... Any thoughts ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duckie

You could plan a trip - even if only 50 miles away - to a wine store he hasn't been to. You could certainly have other activities like lunch or a hotel or whatever. But the new wine shop would be the hallmark.

You could get a bottle of wine that makes you think of a certain time or place, like where you met or were married.

You could take the description of a particular wine and use that to describe your marriage. Compare the tannins in the wine to what seemed like a hard time in your marriage, but a point that really shaped who you are as a couple and has made you stronger, etc., - OK, he'd have to enjoy wine description and have a certain poetic sence to enjoy that one, I must admit, but it could be fantastic.

Bookmark   January 30, 2009 at 6:01AM
Lyban

What about a subscription to Vins Magazanie.

Bookmark   January 30, 2009 at 1:47PM
lowspark

Find out if there are any wineries near enough to your home to drive to. If so, you could plan a day trip to visit some of them. Bring a picnic lunch and buy a bottle of wine at one of the wineries you visit to drink with it. Many wineries have picnic areas or outdoor seating. Most give tours and all of them give tastings, either for free or for a low cost.

I live in Texas and a group of girlfriends and I did this about a year ago. We visited about 6 wineries in one day. It was loads of fun.

OR

Buy him a wine storage unit if you have someplace to put it. Either a wine fridge or a wine rack. Either one that hangs on a wall or that is a piece of furniture.

Bookmark   January 30, 2009 at 2:38PM
jazadah

This is what my husband and I do every year...an example follows. There are traditional gifts for each anniversary year and several websites have complete lists.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anniversary Gifts by Year

Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Shower for out of town bride
I am the mother of the bride. My daughter has moved...
tarpon
Shouldn't Parents Get a Thank You Note?
I'm wondering why I'm even asking this, but times have...
Karen10125
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™