So Needy

christi508May 6, 2009

I am feeling very anxious about this project. I have a few flowers on, but the white pieces are just lying on for ideas. I like the white tile on the outside of the flowers, but not so much on the inside. Do you think the grout would be too much on the inside without the white? Any suggestions? I live in Florida, if someone can come over and just fix it all..Thank you thank you thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

LOL - there's not one thing wrong w/that. You'll see how it comes together once they're all in place, and your grout is on. A background color is necessary. Keep doing what your'e doing, and keep them closer together so there's not much grout. Fill any large holes w/a teeny white background tile. Gonna be beautiful, and you're gonna love it. Wish I lived closer.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 6:08PM
flagtruck

nothing wrong with what you have done, like Slow says just do more background tile. The less grout the better I always say. All my stuff has very thin grout lines..or noneatall...good work.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 10:55PM
cathyscache

Oh I think you've got it. Flag and Slow are right get your stuff closer together. The closer the better is right. It's gonna look fine just keep at it. But quit messin around and put it where it needs to go. If you don't like it you can always chip it off. I've chipped lots in my day. You're doin fine girl

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 12:40AM
katishooked

I like it so far. I have found if you keep going with your plan/design it usually comes together. What I see, I like.

Kat

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 6:41AM
christi508

Again, thank you for all the suggestions. I really like the one about being able to chip off and start over again. I have never been good with comittment! I will persevere.

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 9:22AM
klinger

I think you're no the right path, and agree with the others, smaller grout lines is the way to go. This will look stunning,
cindy

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 10:58AM
daisyme

Christi, you've gotten lots of great feedback. Don't worry! I sure love those flowers and leaves. You can't go wrong. You're going to love this piece when it's finished.

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 12:45PM
mzclassic

Looks like your off to a great start. Listen to the other experienced ladies about the smaller spaces, they all do some beautiful work. I need to get off my chubby little (er, I mean, BIG) butt and get busy myself. LOL

Thanks for sharing.
Donna in Florida

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 12:09PM
texaswild

Yeah, CHRISTI girl - nail those suckers down and get on w/it. Off to Dallas for the weekend, and hope to see it all glued when I get back on Sunday. LOL.

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 12:35PM
texaswild

You done yet?

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 8:08AM
christi508

Here's the progress so far..not perfect but I am having fun.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 5:23PM
texaswild

CHRIS: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! It's so happy, cheerful, and so well done. Your pieces fit together beautifully, and the white background, when grouted, w/be just perfect. I LOVE these colors. Are these the Pebo porcelain paints. Since I love purple, and can't get purple glass, this is the perfect way to get hot pink and purple for my projects. Isn't this so much fun? Betcha you're hooked already, and are planning your next project.

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 5:43PM
wishdish

This is so cheerful! Nice job!

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™