Dumpster shopping!!

oldcraftyNovember 14, 2011

I found this dandy man standing by the trash dumpster. I felt compelled to save him. I used him for a door greeter on Halloween, as I found him the day before Halloween. Now what do I do with him? Can't imagine why anyone would want a 5 foot tall Knight in Shining Armour! And now I do and don't know what to do with him. I figured you'll would give me some good inspiration! He is made of light weight tin and has some exceptional detail work. Can't imagine how much he must have cost and he is in A+ condition. No rust or dents. All suggetions would be appreciated!

Couldn't get image flipped!!! Sorry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OklaMoni

So cool! I would use him as a coat rack!

Moni

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 11:53AM
Calamity_J

I suggest you send him to me!!!!lol! Who doesn't LOVE a man in shining armor!!!!! WOW! You are the Best dumpster finder out there!!! We just don't get treasure like that in these parts! Ever!

Bookmark   January 3, 2012 at 11:07AM
lascatx

The junior high my sons both went to has knights as a mascot, so I'm sure I would do something for the school or someone who still has a child there -- or he could go in our gameroom. I think he'd also make a fun garden sculpture, but you might want to protect the metal first.

Bookmark   January 11, 2012 at 10:39AM
creamcycle

Well he is a handsome man, and probably not demanding, and maybe even a good listener. If you have a garage with a window, I would stand him back a little, dress him throw a jacket over his shoulders, including a hat, that way people will think someone is in the home, or at least not sure. He could be your home protector until halloween, and then take on his duties.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 11:06PM
nosoccermom

Put a flower pot where the head is.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 9:06PM
themominator

Oh for heavens sakes! Don't do anything to him!

Put him on Amazon or eBay and sell him! I can guarantee that someone into SCA or Midieval time would pay a goodly amount for him!

I realize that it is not "Real Armor" but like I said - someone will buy him and you will make $$.

Sets of armor are selling on eBay for prices from $900 to $2000.

Good luck to you!

PS: why would anyone throw that away?? DUH!

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 4:56PM
monstertickles

That's freakin awesome. Halloween would be great!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 4:50PM
dreamgarden

I agree with what themominator said "I can guarantee that someone into SCA or Midieval time would pay a goodly amount for him!"
You also might be able to get a few bucks at a scrap dealer.

Nice find!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 3:01PM
nicole__

Love him! I agree....we have jousting clubs that play in the parks. They LOVE this sort of thing. I've seen them displayed in old mansions....in gardens....next to the big old front porches as decor.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 4:05PM
Yorkies2

In our area, dumpster diving is considered theft. They say that anything in the dumpster belongs to the trash pickup company. I'm sure the stuff ends up in a landfill.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:17PM
Yorkies2

For some reason, when I post, it duplicates.

This post was edited by Yorkies2 on Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 15:49

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:18PM
toxcrusadr Clay Soil

We had one of those donated to a charity Furniture Bank that I helped start several years back. We kept him in the warehouse near the entrance and made him our mascot. The organization eventually came to be called The Love Seat. He was made in Spain or Mexico, so we called him Don Asiento de Amor, literally "Sir Love Seat".

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 3:11PM
Holly_ON

I donated mine to a grade 4 class for use when they were doing medieval studies. He became known as Sir Thanksalot!

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 11:17PM
grandmamary_ga

I had one many years ago too. He belonged to a neighbor who was moving and had put him in their trash. He stood proudly in our living room for many years. We finally sold him in a yard sale for a few dollars. We named him Sir Lancelot. Yes, I would talk to him. Enjoyed him very much.
Mary

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
Sponsored Products
Riverside Sierra 68 in. TV Console - 3441
Hayneedle
INTRO Pushman Trash Can by Blomus
$110.69 | Lumens
Twig Country Kitchen Cabinet with Hutch - TC75H
$669.91 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™