What can I say? I am cheap!

rob333November 10, 2008

In addition to recylcing my comforter, I am planning on recycling the old shower curtain. I love love love it! It is sheer, very chiffon like, and has pretty botainical prints on it. I want to do 3 sets of cafe curtains. Has anyone ever recycle a shower curtain this way?

Before bathroom

After bathroom (the new shower curtain still needs its bottom):

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kelly_oh

I haven't, but your sink is GORGEOUS!!!

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 11:40AM
rob333

Well thanks kelly_OH! I'll just go for it then (as I wince and walk away). I am so chicken to try, but I will.

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 12:08PM
sunnyca_gw

Measure your 3 windows, unless they are very small not sure you have enough material. it is very nice tho, I would want to reuse it too. Usually need a hem, probably could use the holes to go through the rings on a rod for 2 of them.??? Would be nice covering for small pantry off kitchen. Top & bottom curtains?? Lots to think about!! AVERAGE SHOWER CURTain is 72 in wide. If windows were all together in a row could cut bottom part with enough for hem at top & hem the top piece & just have them run all across the lower part of windows. Usually want 1 1/2 times width as the window at least.30 in. wide window =45 in wide fabric. They are using them less than that on some I've seen so don't know if I'm helping you or driving you nuts!! Good Luck! Jan

Bookmark   November 13, 2008 at 11:19PM
sunnyca_gw

It is very nice shower curtain, you could get a beige fabric for the curtains & trim with the shower curtain fabric, that way you would have enough fabric to get good coverage on windows & still have part of your shower curtain to remember & enjoy. If money is tight check out ts & get king size sheet in beige color to match & could alternate panels of sheet,shower, curtain-sheet-sc so it would give more light. Hope this helps!!(I have lot of ideas- I just don't like to sew!!LOL)Jan

Bookmark   November 15, 2008 at 11:54PM
Marlene Kindred

Wow! Your new bathroom is gordeous! Good luck with the shower curtain! I haven't ever used a shower curtain to make cafe curtains, but I sure think you can do it! Sunny cal gave good instructions--just measure first to make sure you have enough material...if not, you might want to save your shower curtain for another project.

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 11:41AM
pegtn

I don't sew, so i can't help you much, but i just have to say that i love that sink.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™