Shadow box suggestions?

jflanNovember 7, 2004

Does anyone have ideas for smaller shadow box items? I have a few shadow boxes with dividers in them and the sections are about 4-5 inches in size. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
faltered

I've seen them done with seashells and other beachy type items. That would be cute if it matches your decor.

You can put anything you'd like in a shadow box. Think of what colors or themes you have in your house and go from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

Bookmark   November 8, 2004 at 9:44AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Extremely small glass or brass animals (friend of mine has brass and they look good)

thimbles?

Brain is tired tonight - we've been moving furniture and cleaning carpets. Let me sleep on it! LOL

Bookmark   November 11, 2004 at 6:29PM
ohiomom

What do you like to collect??? Just collect it in "miniature" and you have a shadow box that pleases you...

Bookmark   November 11, 2004 at 7:46PM
Lindy_B

I have vintage matchbooks from the fifties, lamp finials., pretty broaches, old baby blocks, tiny doll furniture, the glass "Knobs" off of old percolator coffee pots,,,,, so many shapes!!!, locket of mom's, big button, tiny plastic toys, old thimbles... oh my., so much stuff that I didn't want to put away and not enjoy!

Bookmark   November 12, 2004 at 10:23PM
nanatink

My "shadowbox" used to be a wooden 7-up carton. It held 24 bottles and has hangholds cut out on the ends. I left it as it was and used the slots on the bottom to hang it on my wall. Simple but works well with small items! :)

Bookmark   March 2, 2005 at 5:31PM
mush

A friend of mine collects old costume jewellry and filled a shadow box with old family photos and some of the jewellry she has collected. It looks great!

Bookmark   March 2, 2005 at 6:32PM
laurelann

I had a few shadowboxes. When we renovated our bathroom, I painted them white and did mosaics in each one. Everybody remarks on them.

Laurelann

Bookmark   March 3, 2005 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™