What can I do?

rhondalyn70November 14, 2007

I live in an apartment building so it cannot be replaced. Its my medicine cabinet that fits right into the wall. In the corners, the mirror (silver part) is all coming off and looks awful. How can I go about covering it up or somehow fixing it? I'm on a small budget with no fancy tools......thx!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol_from_ny

It'd look at the craft store for one of those faux stain glass kits. You can paint on a simple design to co-ordinate with your bathroom and when you move you can remove it with a razor.

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 12:52PM
luvstocraft

Do you use this medicine cabinet? If not, maybe you could hang a mirror or picture over it. Just a thought. Luvs

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 12:24AM
luckygal

Have a look at wallpaperforwindows.com HD also has a similar product. I think you have to buy a certain amount but might be able to use it on a window as well. Anyhow it's something you can easily remove and take with you. On your mirror you could just use it around the edges to cover the damaged part of the mirror and leave the center open so you can still use it as a mirror.

Another option would be to decoupage decorative corners on the mirror using wallpaper samples and diluted white glue. This would cost next to nothing and could be removed by wetting with hot water.

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 3:27PM
thrift_shop_romantic

I'm wondering if you couldn't also potentially use corner shaped wooden appliques painted to match the mirror or white and glue them in... Hard to say without seeing it, but it's an idea.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/vintage decorating blog

Bookmark   November 16, 2007 at 7:45AM
More Discussions
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™