CowParade/Space mosaic update

silvamaeMay 27, 2011

Hi all. I still haven't heard one way or the other about whether or not I will have a cow in the CowParade Austin; according to the latest communication, all artists will find out by the end of May. So, I have been making little pieces on mesh, and I have also cut out some large planets. Next, I intend to create the Earth, Mars, and Saturn, and then start work on the comet's tail. If I don't get selected, then I will switch to a large piece of Wedi board and make a wall hanging. I am loving this! It is so much fun.

http://mosaicroad.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

I love your entry. You are smart to get going on it now.
Kathy

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 9:30PM
becky_ia

Silva,

This is an awesome project! Did you get picked?! I can't imagine that they wouldn't fall in love with your design! Your design totally ROCKS!

I would be so excited to do something like this

becky

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 9:07AM
silvamae

Thanks, Kathy and Becky! No, can you believe it; I still haven't heard. I emailed them yesterday and asked if the selection process was complete and they answered that it was still ongoing and they hoped to be finished by mid-June. So I am still anxiously awaiting. I am working on it every day, nipping and tumbling and then switching over and gluing onto mesh. I will let y'all know the minute I know something. I do know that Diane Sonnenberg got a cow and has already started work on it. It's going to be called Gilded Lily and she has it set up over at Artisan Glass.

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 10:16AM
Calamity_J

I hope you hear soon, and I hope you keep us informed!!!

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:49PM
becky_ia

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be notified very soon and it will be good news! I met Diane Sonnenberg last February at the SAMA conference. We toured the ranch where her roating "Eggs' are. It was totally awesome. I am sure her cow will be just as great. I would love to see them!

becky

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 11:09PM
More Discussions
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™