RECIPE: Lovely vegetarian quiche

jkom51December 27, 2006

no recipe but probably easy to wing it. My BIL is vegetarian and was hosting the Xmas party. Since we were doing the appetizers, we arrived first. He was just putting the quiche together when we got there.

He had done a simple pastry crust, prebaked in a rectangular 7x10" pan. He scattered feta cheese over the crust, tossed in some lightly sauteed red bell pepper (thin, long slices) with some fresh spinach added at the last minute or so to wilt. I think he used olive oil and some garlic, no onions (one of the family hates them, but green onions would be nice if you could slip them in).

Then he poured in the custard and popped it in the oven. The pan was about 2" tall, so it took about 45 min to cook.

It was really good -- the sweetness of the bell pepper with the slight tang of the feta adding enough salt without needing any more. And of course, the colors were perfect for Christmas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessyf

jkom, you're right, this ones a keeper! I have a horrible camera, horrible photography skills - but here's a of the end result. Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Portabella Mushroom
Share you favorite recipe with these buggers. I would...
Sara
RECIPE: Sauteed Tofu - Help
The most lucious sandwich (to me) is sauteed tofu with...
pink_warm_mama_1
RECIPE: spinach smoothie
Should I use the long stems that come with fresh Spinach...
okbonal9
RECIPE: Are there any lovers of........
........nutritional yeast in the non-vegetarian group?...
pink_warm_mama_1
LOOKING for: what to use for vegan cooking to replace milk or cr
I am moving away from recipes with dairy and would...
shermp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™