creative minds needed lol

mojojojogrlnjOctober 1, 2006

i got a whole bunch of pitch forks....no handles any idea what i could use these for....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gw:craftylady-2006

Hi Mojo, you can buy the long and short handles at a hardware store or try Home Depot. I saw a pic of using the fork part to stick decorative Indian Corn on the tings (is that what they're called) and then hung on a fence. You might add a fall garland swirled around the handle for added color. Some folks just hang them on their sheds as decoration with other garden tools.

Sal

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 7:14PM
adellabedella_usa

I saw an ad in a magazine recently where they had a Jack-o-latern holder that was made out of rebar. It looked like a stick man with a pumpkin head. The feet looked like pitch forks, rebar legs and then a long length of rebar coiled up to make the body and straight rebar for arms. I don't remeber the hands, but I bet another set of pitchforks would work. I think the top of the coiled body may have had a metal plate to hold the jack-o-lantern. It was pretty cute.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 7:20PM
gw:mango-princess

Hmmm, I would probably use them to border a small or large garden bed or garden box. With the points facing down, pushed down just far enough so that you can still tell they are pitch forks. I think they might look cute all lined up. I wouldn't suggest the other way, with the points up, unless you do not have children or pets that can run and get hurt.

You could also stick a garden stake thru them while they are in the ground.

Mango Princess

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 10:35PM
sistersunnie

No idea as to what to do with them..but this begs to be asked.... How in the world did you come to get a bunch of pitchforks without handles??

Bookmark   October 10, 2006 at 10:09AM
sweets98

Hang them on a shed or garage wall? I've seen that done a few times and have wanted to get just one at least to do that with but I can't seem to find them when I'm looking for them! LOL

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 7:54AM
mojojojogrlnj

well came into a ton of pitchforks due to relative passing...(he was a pack rat) not only farm stuff tons of vintage cast iron cook ware chairs, tons of windows...(those I can use).... my house well lets say it looks like a bad yard sale inside lol...

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 9:27AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Have seen them hung on a bathroom or dressing room wall and used as a holder for jewelry - necklaces, bracelets, etc. You could paint to match your decor or leave it more "rustic", if you'd like.

Just regular rakes can be used to hold utensils in the kitchen.

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 10:01AM
adrander

I MAKE LAWN CRITTERS OUT OF USED GARDEEN TOOLS, REBAR, AND WHATEVER OTHER METAL THINGS I CAN FIND. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE MAKINGS OF AN OSTRICH OR TURKEY THERE.

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 5:57PM
terri_ks

How about a big,cute halloween scarecrow and use them for the hands and feet or a witch.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
Sponsored Products
Aqua 'Goodnight Said The Moon' Personalized Wrapped Canvas
$54.99 | zulily
Fascination Two-Light Bath Fixture in Hammered Ore with Recycled Glass
$319.00 | Bellacor
Element Long Planter by Planterworx
$405.00 | Lumens
Miniature Big Easy by Vitra
$845.00 | Lumens
Le Monde 28x42 Canvas Art Print
Overstock.com