You know what gets my inspirational juices flowing? A Deadline!

silvamaeMay 8, 2013

My friend Annii is hosting another Open House on June 22 to showcase her creations plus mine and hopefully others as well. She's like me; she needs an outlet because she loves making stuff. So -- in order to make myself get busy -- I said Yes -- now I need to finish up Torso Woman and get busy with some smaller stuff.

What sold the most last time were mosaic pitchers, watering cans, and bottles. I have lots of interestingly shaped liquor bottles plus I love those cute little round Martinelli apple juice bottles and I have one great jelly jar, so I am now working on a Deadline! Oh and by the way, I ordered the Apoxie Sculpt. Still waiting on an Austin gallery to discover me . . .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbfrizzell1955

Sounds exciting! I expect we will be seeing a lot of projects from you in the next month while you build up your stock!!!
Hope you do well again this time and sell lots of stuff!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 7:47PM
silvamae

Thanks! I've been working on the torso today, determined to finish it before I do anything else, but I'm thinking about future projects.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 10:43PM
texaswild

Oh oh oh - looks like SILVA has her inspiration back. Yeeeeeeeeaaaah for you, girlie. I might not be far behind you. I've used the Apoxie Sculpt a little bit. You're gonna love it. I've started work on my door panels. Juan can't sand them until week after next, so it w/be awhile b/f I can prepare the door for the canvases, but at least I have the Transfer Artist Paper (TAP) for the images I'm collecting. Also have a few clay pieces ready. Going to Dallas today for Grand's college graduation tomorrow. Just when I think I am ready to work, a trip or company pops up. **sigh***.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:53AM
nicethyme

oooh I want pictures!!! I am trying to see a deadline too,,, making a body of work for a fall studio tour where I teach... I thought I might be good bu with House on the Hill sold I'm feeling like I need to offer several small pieces in its place for the tour....then I went ahead and jumped in on a corroborative mural project and that's needing to get done 1st

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 6:58PM
More Discussions
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™