Are you the 'Doer', or the 'Idea Person'?

des_arc_ya_yaOctober 12, 2006

I just decided this morning that, in a lot of ways, I'm the "Idea Person"! I love to collect pictures/plans for neat stuff. I'm very well organized, love to look at them, etc. Very seldom do I bring them into existence!! LOL

If it's something that just HITS me, I gather up the "stuff" and do it. (Or coerce my DH into doing it or helping me!) The majority of the ideas, however, stay in a notebook and I just dream about them.

I need to get with somebody who is extremely "crafty" and share all my ideas with them.

What about you? "Doer" or "Idea Person"?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lydia1959

I'm definately an "Idea Person". Too bad I can't sew or do decorative painting - I'd be doing a lot more projects! DH helps me with a lot of my projects since he does some woodworking and has the tools. He's always skeptical at first when I explain my latest idea, but he is always pleased with the end results!

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 1:51PM
Carol_from_ny

I'm both. I'm the idea person and the one who if it's going to get done has to do it.
I'm always putting something togethter or taking something apart to make what I want. I swear sometimes it's a disease.
Thing is I past it on to my daughter...talk about parental revenge! LOL

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 3:26PM
adellabedella_usa

Another idea person. It's a curse. I have a room full of crafting stuff I've kept for ideas. I rarely finish a project. If I get back to an idea I add so much extra stuff on, it's no longer the same project.

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 7:42PM
luvstocraft

I am another idea person--have collected way more patterns, pictures and lists of items to do than I will ever get done. Like you, it gives me pleasure just to pull them out and look at them--but I feel really great when I actually finish a project and bring an idea to life! Luvs

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 2:47AM
sweets98

Well, I'm both. I come up with ideas and then do it. If it's something I'm not REALLY keen on, then it won't get done. If it's something I need help with, well it will be done up to that point and then I bug DH for weeks to help finish!

Like last night he finally used his new drill bits to drill a hole in the top of a mason jar lid so I could make a soap dispenser! I can drill a hole, I just needed him to get the right size for me! A LOT cheaper than the $20 they sell for!

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 8:21AM
sistersunnie

I miss my husband and his help with my projects. He used to get so involved and excited. My biggest fan..... I was the idea person and the doer also, but he helped make it happen!

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 9:23AM
des_arc_ya_ya

((sistersunnie)) I am so sorry.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 11:16AM
gw:craftylady-2006

I'm both, first the idea, usually from just looking at something or it pops in my head. I tell my sisters that "I see things." Then I'm the doer, but alot doesn't get done cause there is so much more to take care of first being I do it all by myself. Oh well, I have tons of things to look forward to is all, it's a good thing.

Sal

(To Sistersunnie - my condolences also.)

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 4:13PM
More Discussions
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™