Camera, a little cash, a pickup truck.....

des_arc_ya_yaOctober 22, 2005

Oooooh Eeeeeee! I'm gonna have some fun! LOL DH and I are leaving in a few minutes to go to a little town known for it's antique shops/junk places, etc. Don't have much money, so I'll be checking the sides of the roads! LOL

Will let you know later how I did, 'kay?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
des_arc_ya_ya

Well, I'm glad that I don't have hundreds of eager TtoTers waiting with baited breath to see what treasures I found yesterday! LOL The answer - a big fat ole nothing!!! Walked around in several shops and wasn't even tempted.

Checked roadsides and didn't see a thing.

Bummer! LOL

Anybody else do any good this weekend?

Bookmark   October 23, 2005 at 12:40PM
stoneybaloney

The season is just about over here, Ya Ya. I think all the good stuff is gone! I'm so jealous every year to read posts about finding things through the winter.

But two weeks ago I got an old wash-stand for $5, I've been wanting one for ages.

Bookmark   October 23, 2005 at 2:20PM
des_arc_ya_ya

Oh, man! How neat! Are you talking about one of the old wooden ones? How'd you score that, girlfriend!?

Bookmark   October 23, 2005 at 5:25PM
marilyn_c

Here's an old Mexican birdcage that I picked up at the flea market. I like it because it is round. I love round things. And a pair of finials. I don't know if I will use them in the house....Martha Stewart-ish on a mantle...of course, I don't have a mantle...but I could probably find a place, or if I will use them outside. ;) Ya Ya, you need to come go junkin' with me.

Oops, I see that the birdcage is upside down in the pic. It was dark when I took the picture...no lights...couldn't see nothin'.

Bookmark   October 24, 2005 at 9:38PM
jaybird

Marilyn you did great!!!!! I love the birdcage....I have an old one that I put a cat figurine inside, and then clip one of those real feather craft birds on the top of the outside. Makes everyone smile!!!
Ya-ya, what town did you visit???? Sounds like you had a fun weekend anyway! We are hoping to make a trip to Arkansas soon, but we aren't real touristy type folks so will be looking for the "little towns with the junk shops"!

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 2:29PM
des_arc_ya_ya

Hardy, Arkansas, Jaybird. Let me know ahead of time if you plan on coming anywhere around my area - would love to see you.

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 8:09PM
sladybug2

Don't forget to hit the goodwills- I found some nice pillows, a cute mahogany telephone stand and a brass india vase. Going back to look again. I go to other towns also and find great stuff all the time. Great for holiday decorations.

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 10:57AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Jaybird, checked your page. We have a lot in common - "blended families", ex teachers, both in our 50's, and a junker to boot! You rock, girl! LOL

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 12:14PM
More Discussions
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™