what a cute idea WHY didnt i think of it!!!

mojojojogrlnjOctober 15, 2006

okay went yard shopping yesterday....and came to this one and there was a bunch of the old coffee pots you know the enamel and silver kind with the glass perkerlator...when i picked one up noticed it had a cord...and when i turned it around had some kind of poked out star design on the pot...so i bought two...took them home plugged them in and these pots make the cutest little lights that i have ever seen....so now im on a mission to find coffee pots lol (trust me I passed many up that were just a quarter lol) and make these lights for my family for xmas....so just giving you a cute idea for some xmas presents that wouldnt cost alot of money...this of the designs you could punch out on the tin...stars, bells, angels etc...(oh and I paid 5 dollars for both)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweets98

Neat! I would do that but I already took a small lamp and shade that I had and sat it inside the very same type of coffee pot a month ago. It's now a nice light in my kitchen on the microwave. I wish I did it a long time ago. :)

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 7:49AM
pattico_gw

A tip....fill the coffee pot with water and freeze..Punch the picture while the ice is still frozen inside...This will keep the pot from denting in when you punch the holes.

patti

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 11:31PM
mojojojogrlnj

here is the pics...sorry it took so long had to get new camera

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 6:13AM
gw:craftylady-2006

That is such a great idea Mojo. I love how it looks in the dark and the top lighting up is just an extra bonus of flair!!!

Sal

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™