Possible to drop in an undermount sink? kinda crazy but...

browneyes776May 2, 2013

I've been looking at the blanco microedge sinks thinking they'd be a great solution to my fear of chipping the edges of my quartzite around my sink. However, I feel like the prices are so disproportionately high that I'm not sure what I'm really paying for. (I'm sure Blanco would tell me that they're expertly manufactured to sit perfectly flat, etc.)

My other fear is long term commitment to anything and a single bowl undermount sink is somewhat unfamiliar and I don't want to be stuck with it if I change my mind. A drop in would help alleviate that fear as well.

Anyway, I'm open to other ideas but wondered if dropping in an undermount could be a possibility.

I've got another thread so apologies for board hogging. If anyone has another great suggestion my budget is about $400 and I've got a 33" base cabinet.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

There are sinks that are designed to be mounted either way, but with an undermount there is not much of a finished edge around the top to create any kind of lip.

Why not just pick a conventional top mount sink?

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 6:02PM
browneyes776

I want it to be able to sit flush like the microedge. But I'd rather not pay $900 for a product that looks to be nearly identical to a $250 one just with a different spec sheet!

I hope that makes sense!

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 7:22PM
dogridge

I have the same question. Please let me know if you try it or get a good answer.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 11:23AM
1920Cape

I'm having the same issue. We really want to go undermount but limitations prevent us from doing so. I'm looking for a great drop in with very flat edges... But why are they all like $1k?!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Moen Arbor Motionsense faucet and other faucet decisions
Hi - I'm so lost in the world of kitchen faucets and...
hazelwags
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
kitchen cabinets
I'm thinking about buying Mouser cabinets. Has anyone...
lmpotter
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™