Organization in NJ/NY that accepts old, dusty stuffed animals?

ReinRammOctober 18, 2005

Hi!

I do not want to do freecycle and craigslist, as these are my childhood stuffies and most want to give them to their dogs. I still am kinda attached to them.

I cannot give them to children's wards or hospitals and such as they are old and dusty.

But I know there are some places that accept old, dusty stuffed animals and volunteers clean them and then donate.

Would you know of a place in NJ or NY?

For example, just four days ago, an elementary school in my neighborhood elementary school just had a week drive collecting old stuffed animals, which, of course, I missed.

Thanx very much!

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honey_pott

could you contact the school and see what they did with all of the stuffies that they collected? That's where I would start to find out. If they know it will save you the time of hunting down an organization yourself.
Lesley

Bookmark   October 18, 2005 at 9:55AM
Kelly_68

Is there a local zoo around? Our zoo goes to the SA for stuffies for their animals, maybe they would take yours. You said they belonged to you as a child, do any of them have value so you could sell them. Hope they find a new home.

Bookmark   October 18, 2005 at 10:11PM
mrsgeekboy

You might try cleaning them yourself. I recently ran a bunch of my old stuffed animals through the dryer on a low setting. It worked like a charm!

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™