Macy's prop sale?

sophiemaeSeptember 28, 2008

I wasn't quite sure which forum was best suited for this query... has anyone been to Macy's annual prop sale in Tampa? I'd love to plan a trip down there for the next one and would really like to know a bit more about it in the meantime. I've seen pics of some of the merch, but what are the prices like? Is it worth a 4-hour drive or could I find just as good, or better, a deal on ebay or the like?

ICA,

Sophie ^i^

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
njtomboy

OK - I have never been to that one.. but after working in Macy's and for a major design company.. I find their prop sales quite worth it. I WISH I was closer.... Why not give them a call, tell them where you are traveling from and ask if they can at least give you price ranges!

All the best! This truly can be a potential goldmine!!!!

WOW!

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 1:54PM
terri_ks

What is a prop sale and when?

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 10:13PM
sophiemae

njtomboy, thanks! I'm always up for a Tampa visit, anyway. I saw pics from last year's sale and wished I'd known about it then.

Terri, it's in Tampa, FL... the first weekend in May as far as I've been able to surmise... Macy's sells tons of mannequins and all sorts of cool pieces from their displays. I've Googled, but haven't yet been able to find out the exact dates for next year's sale.

ICA,
Sophie ^i^

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 12:02AM
terri_ks

I have never heard of that. Several of my friends and I have a girls weekend near Tampa every year. That would be a blast.

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 11:06PM
sharon_fl

I live 15 miles from where the store is in Tampa. It's Macy's on Gandy Blvd and the sale has been going on for over 10 years. You can buy all kinds of cool stuff..fabric, Xmas decor (big display items), shelving, display cabinets, etc. Methinks they only advertise it 2 weeks prior but I'll post here the 1st ad I see for it.

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 2:03PM
sophiemae

Thanks ever so, Sharon! I sure hope the economy doesn't kill the sale or our means to get there. >:\ I'm so looking forward to it.

ICA,
Sophie ^i^

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 7:01PM
mustangs81

I have made it a to about 5 of the annual sales--actually going back to Burdines Prop and Display sale. It is so much fun especially when a friend goes with you so you can help each other "stake a claim" on things of interest. You have to get there early-like an hour before the gates open. It's held in the parking lot on Gandy (as Sharon mentioned). If you have an imagination like you all do, it's terrific fun.

Bookmark   December 27, 2008 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™