Wire basket??

oceangirlmeSeptember 28, 2008

I picked this up at a yard sale since I had never seen one before. What do you think this was used for? What would you use it for? It's about 15" wide and 6" tall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisydal

I dont have a clue???!!! But I can already see the possibilities! It would look so cute for a centerpiece filled with moss and flowers, with a candle or tall vase for flowers in the middle part.
You could even do different Holiday scapes in them, like small gourds and pumpkins and Fall leaves, Christmas ornaments, etc., endless ideas! You could even add some wire to hang it up with on a porch or patio with candles at night. cool find, show us whatcha do with it!
blessings-sherri

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 12:00PM
ohiopond4me

Was it maybe once the front of an old metal fan,,,only thing I could think of,,steph

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 5:08PM
turtlegarden

That's really cool. It's telling me to fill the outside with pretty river rock and add a candle to the center. You could even string some beads on with wire. I want one. LOL

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 2:21PM
njtomboy

I thought the similar to turtlegarden. In the center I would place a tea light in an insulator.. Perhaps surround it with glass (or glitter) beaded fruit or cornucopia... and use beaded wire or junk jewelry/pearls or vintage chains to hang as a chandelier in the garden/powder room or patio... maybe embellish further with chandelier crystals, feather boas, silk flowers or rag garland...

(oh - not sure of it's past use)

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 8:03PM
leveta

Looks kinda like one of those basket things they use in the cold packers that some people use for canning...

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 8:36PM
lydia1959

Maybe it was a holder for ceramic chip and dip bowls?

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 11:47PM
lindac

It's a wire basket.
There was a period about the turn of the century when wire stuff was trendy....about the time of wire rug beaters, wire egg baskets, wire soap holders etc.
It's just a decorative "thing".
Linda C

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 1:01AM
mariend

If it appears to be rusting you can protect it with spray rust resistent paint. No sure of the metal? Use a magnet to test. With the center--candle--small figure==small windmill---animal==even a small sailboat--

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 8:32PM
Daisy7

All really neat ideas. If it were mine, I'd pack sphagnum moss in the bottom, and plant sedums and succulents in it. It would look nice on the patio table all summer.

Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™