Benches...

nicucollSeptember 29, 2004

Does anyone have pictures or instructions on how to make the simple wooden benches...I want my hubby to make me one for me front porch...not sure how to distress it thou...any help out there....thanks....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nadastimer

Have you looked for the benches made out of headboards and footboards? On the Garden Junk forum at GW (sister site to this one) they have lots of examples and suggestions. Headboards and footboards are usually easy to find if you go to yard sales or estate sales and even check family memeber's basements.

Here are the basic steps....

http://www.geocities.com/dirtdigger97838/project.html

You can make benches out of almost anything. Like if you can find an old door, you could lay it on something and you've got a bench! I took cinder blocks and 4X4's from the junk pile and made a bench for in the garden. It was simple and FREE!

Good luck!

Bookmark   October 1, 2004 at 1:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wichitarick

hi, although I can,t post pics yet,I have made about 15 nice benches from recycled wood and started out a complete dummy , there is a huge amount of free plans on the www. do a search for free plans get specific, bench plans I can say that think four posts and 15degree slant for the back and a seat and its a bench . also there are lots of pics of benches to study .start looking and use deck screws and good paint or sealer have fun Rick

Bookmark   October 2, 2004 at 1:56AM
More Discussions
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™