LOOKING for: tomatoes and fresh mozzarella

KristinJuly 14, 2001

a friend brought some deli treats from chicago and one of them was grape tomatoes with fresh mozzarella cheese......it was awesome! i would like to try and duplicate it, it had a marinade or sauce on it-maybe olive oil and something? maybe balsamic vinegar? i am not sure - so i was wondering if anyone has a similar recipe or any advice. i can't believe how wonderful fresh mozzarella is!! thanks in advance. kristin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
b_christiansen_juno_com

A recipe I've used is similiar, and very good. The ingredients are tomato slices, fresh mozzarella cheese (shaved or sliced), and red onion slices. Lay down a slice of tomato, top with a slice of red onion, and top that with a slice or portion of the cheese. Repeat. Keep laying ingredients until you have your serving. The result will be fanned. Drizzle the works with a vinagrette dressing. I like to use a wine vinegar with oil (50/50) with a little sweetener added. Ceasar dressing is a great choice too.

Bookmark   July 14, 2001 at 6:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mlh101_aol_com

Drizzle with high quality olive oil. Lightly splash with balsamic vinegar. Top with shredded fresh basil, accent with good olives. Besides fresh mozz, try a wonderful feta or goat cheese. Leftovers served over greens makes a nice salad.

Bookmark   July 16, 2001 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: vegtable storage
In the summer time you can just go out to the garden...
ancient11
RECIPE: Vegetable juice
Who owns a juicer? What vegetable do you use in juicing...
starraffy
LOOKING for: what to use for vegan cooking to replace milk or cr
I am moving away from recipes with dairy and would...
shermp
RECIPE: spinach smoothie
Should I use the long stems that come with fresh Spinach...
okbonal9
RECIPE: Are there any lovers of........
........nutritional yeast in the non-vegetarian group?...
pink_warm_mama_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™