? about using Kilz on table?

n2bach1September 14, 2007

I have a small table that I tried to strip and refinish a long time ago! I got part of it done and realized it wasn't worth doing because I didn't really know how to do it very well and it was a mess! Anyway, the top, flat part of the table is what's stripped down to wood, but the legs of it are still painted red. If I paint Kilz over all of it and then paint the whole thing a solid color, will it match? Or will you see a difference in color between the stripped/painted parts?

Just want to know what I'm getting into before I spend the money to do it! It's kind of a unique, cute little table and it just might look good painted!

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

n2bach1

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol_from_ny

Kilz will give you a uniform base PROVIDED you put it on evenly.....meaning you have to do a good job covering it just like you would with regular paint. You can't just open can and slap it on and hope for it to look good. Stir your paint well if you have problems stirring buy one of those attachments for a drill, it makes stirring paint EASY!
Also lightly sand those legs and then run a tack cloth over them to clean off the residue from the sanding. It will make the primer and the paint stick better.

Bookmark   September 14, 2007 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™