LOOKING for: easy lunch ideas

AmberJune 22, 2001

I am looking for some recipes that I can make for lunch that are fairly easy and won't take more than a 1/2 hour. I have been having Boca burgers and soup for many days and am looking for something new!! I would prefer the recipes to not have lots of cheese, but some is ok. They could have vegetables, tempeh, tofu, rice, noodles, sauces, etc. Anything creative!! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bhgardner_blearning_com

Pasta salad: Cook macaroni noodles or shells or what ever shape appeals, then add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (drained), a small can of sliced black olives, sun-dried tomatoes (I buy them julienned), some basil, maybe a little crumbled feta cheese or a small can of tuna (drained). This of course is just one combination that I like; you can add what you like. While pasta cooks you can be getting everything else ready to toss in, and the whole thing can take just 10 minutes.

Bookmark   June 22, 2001 at 10:32PM
whispery_willowwhisper_com

thickly sliced zucchini (the long way) brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salted and peppered, and then baked. yum yum yum. Try cutting it into smaller pieces when it is done and putting it on mixed greens with tomatoes and freshly toasted pumpkin seeds and a light dressing.

Bookmark   July 19, 2001 at 3:41PM
rlbilz_hotmail_com

Veggie tacos are great.

Slice a zuccini in half and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute it in olive oil and season it with Tony Chechere (or something like it). Heat up a can of black beans in the microwave at the same time. Put it all in a tortilla with a little cheese, if you like.

Veggie Frito pie:

Heat up a can of veggie chili. Put some in a bowl. Crumble Fritos on top. Add a little cheese.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are tastey.

Crackers and cheese with carrots and cinamon apple sauce for dessert is good (I call it my C-lunch, since everything begins with C).

Bookmark   August 6, 2001 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: New to Juicing..
My DH and I just bought a juicer!. Today, we bought...
mommap
Broom corn-bulk for consumption?
Does anyone know where I could buy broom corn seeds...
iowariver
LOOKING for: Morningstar Farms
Hello fellow veggies; I was wondering what everyone...
michele in ATL
RECIPE: Recipe: Persimmon & Goat Cheese tart
I have no idea where I got this recipe from, and it...
jkom51
RECIPE: 'I made something special for you...'
Does anyone else dread this line? I've found that people...
ynnej
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™