Want to turning my trash (garage) into a B & B

Marianne57September 17, 2005

We live on an acerage 20 minutes from town and have this really ugly garage that faces the front yard that I would like to turn into a self-catering B & B with gardening as the theme, as that is my all-time passion. Would like your input as to what you visualize in my B & B - colors, decorations, layout, front porch look, back patio look, etc. I need to have a lot of ideas before we head to the bank and I know there are more ideas out there than the ones I have come up with.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lydia1959

The link below has some neat garden themed rooms. I think the most important part is making sure your guests are comfortable and feel pampered. I'd opt for the best mattress/pillows and sheets that I could find along with lush towels. Fresh flowers are nice too! Good luck! Sounds like a fun undertaking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden suites

Bookmark   September 18, 2005 at 1:34PM
junkmama

Check out www.gardenoriginals.com
My daughter and a girlfriend of hers stayed there this past summer and said they are just darling.

Hope this will help you out.
Carolyn

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 11:57AM
tradewind_64

I second the comfortable bed/linens idea. Plush, fresh towels, the bed cozy and soft, the coffeemaker clean and mosquitoes kept outside. Otherwise a garden theme, no matter how charming, might be a bit too "real". What a fabulous project to be starting...no doubt you will have a blast.

Bookmark   September 25, 2005 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™