My Latest Find

lpaltaSeptember 24, 2010

I love this! Not sure what to do with it?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tasymo

lpalta, that stool is awesome! I love it in it's chippy state. The feet are intriquing. Are they claws? I'd love to see a close up... Personally, I'd leave it black, at least until after Halloween! It's perfect for a spooky vignette.

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 4:26PM
lpalta

I have a close up of a foot in my Webshots Craft album. The tip of the foot screws on and each claw is holding a round glass ball. It looks as if the stool has been varnished and the varnish is peeling. I am guessing the wood is walnut.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 8:05PM
lindac

It's an old piano or organ stool...likely mahogany....and in the right place worth a good bit if it hasn't been painted and the turn around thingey works...

Here is a link that might be useful: piano stool

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 12:52AM
sunnyca_gw

I'd leave it as is for now as sure looks great for Halloween! Library might have antique books in reference or check out section or try finding it on the Web. I have a wrought iron 1 that swivels but with a square top & very heavy, got at yard sale for $15. & I love it not anywhere as nice as yours, I love the balls in the feet. Jan

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 2:00AM
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA

Great find! Don't know what to tell you to do with it either, but I love it. I always bring things home and have no clue what I'll do with them, but you know when you see someting like that that you have to have it!

I'm sure you'll get ideas here. Thanks for sharing!
Alicia

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 9:47PM
realtorrose

I have one of those however it was missing the swivel seat part so I painted it white and did a mosiac on the top and have it in my bathroom

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 1:55PM
hostarhodo

Went to a Fire Dept Auction this summer, they had an old church organ which did not sell, the stool went with it. I offered a price for the stool, then the bidding started. I got it for approx 25.00 It is just sitting here, thought I might put a fern on top. Looks old house.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 7:22PM
beth0301

I wouldn't do anything to it, it's perfect the way it is. I agree with the fern ... either that or use it as a small end table next to a chair or sofa?

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 8:48PM
a.girl.named.max

I have a piano stool that looks exactly the same. My mother did a great job in refinishing it. It's an heirloom to me. The last time I checked mine was worth about $75.

Enjoy

A girl named "Max"

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 11:40PM
leveta

I had one in my shop last yr. Mine was missing the seat. I painted it and set a plant on it and sold it right off...Love yours...

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 9:00AM
marti8a

Oh I love her! Used to have one just like her. Now I have a male named Tom because he looks just like the cat on Tom & Jerry.

Oh wait, you're talking about the stool.

Bookmark   October 31, 2010 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™