RECIPE: Help. . Veggie Baby Shower @ 12 Noon. What do I serve?

LisaFebruary 27, 2001

I am throwing a baby shower and she wants it to be all vegitarian. She does Cheese and milk. Does anyone have any easy and cheap ideas? I can only think of a veggie and fruit platter from Costco!!! HELP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gardener

If eggs are OK, fritata or an egg/bread/herb casserole would be easy. Or how about spring rolls? Or baked potatoes with cheese/veg/herb topping? Or veggie pizza.

Bookmark   February 28, 2001 at 7:23AM
Mary

Cheese and crackers. Fruit bowl, veggie tray, egg salad or cucumber sandwiches as made for tea parties! Celery stuffed with cream cheese. I've made a frozen fruit slush. Take cans of crushed pineapple, fruit cocktail, sliced strawberries, bananas if you like. I drain all but the pineapple. Mix in a large bowl and add orange juice or Sunny D so that there is plenty of liquid. I've purchased the small plastic punch cups and pour the mixture in those and freeze on flat surface. Let them sit out a couple of hours before serving.

Bookmark   March 1, 2001 at 5:46PM
sandra ohio

For a yummy fuit dip take a jar of marshmellow and a package of cream cheese and whip together add a lttle pinapple juice to thin it just a little .
YUMMY!!!

Bookmark   March 4, 2001 at 8:55PM
Cate

Quiche is easy and you can make a variety of them including Spinach, artichoke, smoked swiss, roasted pepper...use your imagination.

Bookmark   May 21, 2001 at 7:46AM
barb

Don't forget Salsa for a dip and Tacos. Check out any of the either Borsch or cold fruit soups and add the veggies and or fruit platters also assorted breads and crackers. For the beverage, cranberry juice, crushed strawberries mixed with gingerale. A fruit ring of ice is great here.

Remember the main reason is the beautiful gifts and friends getting together for the upcoming birth of a child. Relax and enjoy.

Bookmark   May 27, 2001 at 10:38PM
jifrah

No marshmallow at a veggie party, please. Contains gelatin.

Bookmark   June 22, 2001 at 10:25AM
veronicae

Vegetable lasagna. Cooking Light's website (cookinglight.com)- but you have to turn off add blaster to use it...has lots of meatless dishes that are easy to use. V.

Bookmark   August 7, 2001 at 12:24PM
christine

Jifrah, if you are referring to the marshmallow in the fruit dip recipe, she said it calls for a jar of marshmallow- I assume she means marshmallow fluff. Marshmallow fluff does not contain gelatin (I used to use it in place of regular marshmallows to make Rice Krispie Treats) or at least it didn't last time I bought some.

Bookmark   August 7, 2001 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Portabella Mushroom Recipe help!
Hi, my boyfriend is a vegetarian and i'm trying to...
kitty_key
LOOKING for: Humane dairy products
It's my understanding that dairy cows are treated horribly,...
sally2_gw
LOOKING for: easy tofu recipes
I'd like to start using tofu instead of meat, but I've...
ElsMaMa
RECIPE: spinach smoothie
Should I use the long stems that come with fresh Spinach...
okbonal9
RECIPE: Boiling lemons for pickling
I was watching an old Indian movie last night. A documentary....
albert_135
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™