New Items Found - Pic

craftylady-2006September 18, 2006

Hi all,

For those who don't venture over to the Garden Junk Forum, here is a pic of things I found last night.

The street lamp doesn't work, didn't plug in the deer. Don't care though, will either take out the lights and/or restring them.

Rocking chair I will take out the seat and use for a planter, maybe paint some flowers/design on the back of it.

The wheelbarrel wheel spokes are broken. I can either fix it or just GE Silicone glue the wheel to the base of the barrel so it doesn't move. Viola - ready for my fall mums.

Trellis I will use next year for morning glories.

All in all, I think I did pretty good. I say I'm going to stop this curb shopping but when I see something great, just got to stop and grab it. Funny, the lamp/deer - the road was kinda full with parked cars and there I am looking at this car that wants to pass me so I back up a bit to give them room and OMGosh, they pull into their driveway with the lamp/deer. I just got out and said, Hi how ya doing, do you mind if I take those things. They giggled and said yes, be our guest to all of it.

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lydia1959

Wow! What a haul!!

Breaks my heart to see people throwing usuable things like this away. I wish more people would use freecycle or at least set the item near the street with a FREE sign on it a few days before the trashman shows up.

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 9:52AM
annielu

Nice find!!!
I scored a Little Tykes playhouse (the BIG one) "curb shopping" with my Dad!!! I've got 4 grandsons that will love it!!!

Bookmark   September 20, 2006 at 9:15PM
Carol_from_ny

I picked up one of those Little Tykes playhouses a couple of years ago...it had a huge free sign on it. I'm seriously thinking of making it part of a seceret garden for the grandkids.
I've got a few years before the oldest will be big enough to play in it so if I start now I could be very creative.

Bookmark   September 20, 2006 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Sponsored Products
King 200TC Solid White Fitted Sheet - WHITE
$149.00 | Horchow
AHB Santos Backless Counter Stool - 126866
$499.95 | Hayneedle
Roll & Hill | Counterweight Pendant Light
YLighting
Raine Corner Sectional Sleeper (3 piece) - Key Largo Pumice Beige