vacation ....

pseudo_momMay 2, 2013

Hubby and I are going on a 10 day road trip ... soon :)

He has split week visitation now .... they are here wed to sat and at mom's sat to wed ... 50/50 basically. We are leaving on a saturday and returning the following wed soooo Mom is having a fit because she doesn't understand why we aren't allowing the kids to come here while we are gone its not that we are not letting them come here just no adults will be here I have someone coming in to feed the animals but no one is staying here so if the kids come here they will be unsupervised ... she is apparently ok with that becasue she doesn't feel us going on vacation should interfer with her life ...

So hubby called mom last night and said well 2 of the 3 can stay here while we are gone the whole time and the 3rd can come on the required days .... we'll tell the pet sitter not to come because the kids will be here have to shop for meals they kids can make on their own ....

It just amazes me that the 3 extra days they would be with her are going to interfer with her life ... and that she would rather her 14, 15 and 17 yo children be left unsupervised than actually take some responsibility for HER children .... hubby also told her next time she goes on vacation they will also be going to her house on "required days"

the kids think she's "stupid" and would rather be here anyway but that mom tells them they are required to spend time with her but not too much hahahaha ....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

No matter what their mother or you or I or anybody thinks, there are just too many disasters that can happen.

If he has to negotiate with his ex, he can keep the children 10 days in a row when he gets back.

I remember how it felt to be a kid & then a teen ("teen" being another word for "young person whose nerve endings stick out all over her body, causing horrible sensitivity"), & hearing that this mother wants to ditch her kids even if it increases the risks to their safety makes me see red.

Imagine being the children who know that their mother wants to get rid of them so she won't have to live with them for 10 days in a row.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 3:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yabber

Pfff how petty can she be? It is sad to see people become so inflexible that they can only worry about rights and entitlements and following orders to the letter etc etc. It's nothing to do with the kids or their best interest anymore :-(

So how are things going with the skids anyway? Sounds like you are in a better place than you were a few years ago. Enjoy your trip!

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
husband has new found 21 year old daughter
I am having a lot of trouble coping. Please dont beat...
bethster71
7 year old step son troubles please help
Hello everyone, I need some advise please. I have been...
Nikki27
Need advice please....stepson!
I am 25 and I think I have had enough of my 9 year...
mommy08
grown adult stepchildren
I married my husband 2 years ago, his wife had died...
yvonne1969
To visit or not to visit
About three years ago, after many instances of being...
wrychoice1
Sponsored Products
Authentic Hotel and Spa Turkish Cotton 24 x 35 Bath Mat (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Braid and Butter Pouf
$189.99 | Dot & Bo
Aqua Sweet Water Frame
$8.99 | zulily
Palm Tree Martini Tumblers
Classic Hostess
Outdoor Area Rug: Escape Cocoa Beach Sand 2' x 4'
$58.97 | Home Depot
Green Tree in Clay Washpot
$44.50 | FRONTGATE
2 1/2" Cape Cod Light Filtering. Free Samples and Shipping!
Blinds.com
European Sham - YELLOW (EUROPEAN)
$67.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™