RECIPE: Juicing

rdakFebruary 3, 2002

We juice a lot at home. Mostly commonly found fruits and veggies are consumed. We have apple trees, so that is one of the main fruit ingredients.

We have a juice extractor and a Vita-Mix blender. We use the blender more often so we can get the benefits of the fiber.

Does anyone have any comments on the benefits of juicing and what are your favorite recipes?

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Juless

Great to read your post! I too have a juicer and a Vita-Mix and would not be without either of them! I believe that juicing can save lives...there are a number of web sites dedicated to the health benefits of juicing.

I drink 2-3 glasses of juice (made in the juicer) a day. One of them is always carrot juice with added barley green and a second one is frequently carrot/parsley/apple. The combination I like the best is 1 bunch of parsley, 1 apple and 2-3 carrots. My third juice of the day is either a veggie blend or a fruit juice, whatever I feel like. If you have not tried adding a green veggie to your juice, give it a go, and see how energized it makes you feel :-).

I use the VM for delicious frozen smoothies, my current favourite is banana, blueberry and pineapple with some honey and flax seed oil. I always adding the flax seed oil to smoothies because this way, I get my Omega oils in without actually tasting the oil.

What are your juice or smoothie favourite recipes?

Juless

Bookmark   March 5, 2002 at 11:36PM
rdak

My favorite juice is the same as yours (i.e., apple, parsley & carrot).

Vita mix favorite is apple, cranberry.

Juice a lot of melons and citrus fruits also.

With veggies, I mix a lot of different ones. Sweet potatoes help to sweeten up juices, much like apples and carrots.

Other than apples, I don't mix fruits with vegetables.

Bookmark   March 8, 2002 at 4:06AM
talkingflower

I like to juice fresh ginger root with a lemon or two. It's a great sauce alone or as a base, and, a great tonic if you add some honey, maybe a pinch of pepper.

Another nice addition to it (for a drink) are juiced carrots, then add some cayenne.

You won't catch the cold that's going around!

Bookmark   April 4, 2002 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: asking for advise
which essential oil will be helpful for coking food?...
opsy135
RECIPE: 'I made something special for you...'
Does anyone else dread this line? I've found that people...
ynnej
LOOKING for: Morningstar Farms
Hello fellow veggies; I was wondering what everyone...
michele in ATL
RECIPE: Are there any lovers of........
........nutritional yeast in the non-vegetarian group?...
pink_warm_mama_1
RECIPE: Portabella Mushroom
Share you favorite recipe with these buggers. I would...
Sara
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™