T to T Craft Studio

shysueAugust 27, 2007

I want to share my trash to treasure craft studio with you. Everything is made from yard sale, thrift store, and free items. Even the accessories are recycled items. I started from scratch in my son's old room. It took me forever, but with the occasional help of my DH, I finally got the room painted and stenciled, the floor tile laid, the furniture painted, the desk put together and all of the finishing touches put in place. Then came the moving of all the craft supplies from the basement up two stories to the studio. That's when all my potential helpers suddenly had other commitments! LOL That's O.K. because I lost five pounds that week! It was hard work, but I loved doing it and I really am enjoying it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Craft Studio

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

OMG Sue - "You're Hired" - please come to my home immediately and help me transform my craftroom into something as gorgeous as you have made for yourself. You did an excellent job on your own space, congratulation!

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 6:32AM
countrygrl

You're so lucky to have a place to call your own! It's just gorgeous! I've got my sewing machine down in the basement, I do my painting in the kitchen(DH can never sit at the kitchen table to eat his cornflakes!), and woodworking in the garage(we can still park the cars in there...so far!). You did a great job decorating it and it must be easy to be creative in there!

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 10:32AM
sistersunnie

WOW!

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 1:21PM
toomuchglass

Beautiful !!!!!!! I wish mine was that NEAT ...

LOL

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 3:30PM
robolady

I love it. what a great space to create. I love the custom desk, and the hutch and the ribbon workspace. What great ideas. I'm thinking about doing a feature on workspace ideas on my blog or my web site. I may just link over to some of these pics.

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 6:49PM
luvstocraft

You did a wonderful job on your room. You sure found some great pieces and transformed them to fit in beautifully. Very creative too. Love that you have a comfy chair in there too, that is just perfect for browsing through a craft mag or looking at patterns for ideas. Know you will enjoy your room so much. Thanks for sharing with us. Luvs

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 2:50PM
luna_llena_feliz

I love the craft room, shysue! I guess your son better never think of moving back in, huh? I would start working in a room like that and never leave!

Bookmark   September 9, 2007 at 1:25AM
shysue

Thanks everyone. I had a great time working on it. Everything just seemed to fit together (for once). It doesn't have pretty new furniture in it, which would have been nice, but I was on a lo-o-o-w budget. I am very pleased with it and it is a place I can go for therapy (crafting).LOL

Bookmark   September 9, 2007 at 12:04PM
toomuchglass

Crafting therapy is the best cure !!!

Bookmark   September 9, 2007 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™