Counterbalance Island brackets anyone? Lagrant?

rjr220May 5, 2010

I believe that Lagrant has used the Counterbalance Island brackets, and am looking for any one else who may have used them, and can give me some answers to the following questions. They are a consideration for our peninsula overhang, which will be counterheight, facing into our dining room.

Can you tell me if they have interfered with anyone's leg room? We plan on having 3 stools on that side of the counter --

also -- how noticeable are they? According to the folks at Chemical Concepts, they hang down 1 1/4 inches -- is this something you consistently notice, or if I have a black counter, will it just blend in with that?

Lagrant -- I've seen you other kitchen photos (one of my favorites, love the marble) -- do you have any photos that show the counterbalance?

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
malhgold

We tried the counterbalance "T" brackets. I personally didn't like the way the vertical part of the "T" hung down so far. If I was standing far enough back from the overhang, I could definitely see them. We wound up returning them and used the freedom bracket from short run pro and are very happy with it. Can't see it at all unless you completely put your face under the overhang. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Freedom Bracket

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 6:04PM
sheila99

malhgold: which one did you use from short run pro? I need some support for my island overhang, but I did not see any on their website that had no legs or an L shape.

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 7:37PM
rjr220

Sheila -- if you call Shortrunpro and give them your measurements, they will tell you what they need

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 7:55PM
malhgold

we used the freedom bracket.

Here is a link that might be useful: Freedom Bracket

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 8:22PM
nkkp

I've got them and love them. I don't think they interfered with leg room and they aren't noticeable unless you are sitting on the floor in the next room looking up under the overhang without any stools there. I'll more than happy with them. I have to post a pic for someone else tomorrow so I'll post one of them installed on this thread too so you can see it for yourself.

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 11:01PM
deedles

Resurrecting this thread in hopes someone has used the counterbalance product and can weigh in with info (and pics?).

Thanks

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 5:53AM
kgolby

The pictures & description seem to be what our granite company is going to do with our bar extension. We are cutting down our 2-step bar to make it all one level & then extending it out granite for 3 stools to fit underneath. The co said they could hide the struts underneath the wainscoting we are installing around our island. They've had success with this install so I would think it should work for you too.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
HELP - need to pick a floor stain by tomorrow!
Hi, I'm struggling to pick a floor stain from the samples...
seosmp
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Zinc countertop anyone?
Hi. I'm doing a new kitchen and I have a medium-sized...
halgreene
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Sponsored Products
Kenroy Home Lamps Theta 30 in. Copper Bronze Swing Arm Table Lamp 20940CB
Home Depot
Aldrin 1-light Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Overstock.com
Rise And Fall 065 Wall Sconce
Lightology
Element LED Task Lamp
Lightology
Besa Focus 6 3/4" High Clear Shade Sconce
Euro Style Lighting