RECIPE: A little help in getting started

KristiJanuary 8, 2001

Just got back from a six am exercise class, half dead wanting coffee! I'm making a life style change. *oh so slowly* It's been a long time in coming. One of my first steps is to change the way I eat I'm looking for some information on this whole Vegetarian life style-so to speak. Any help, favorite books, recipes etc. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chris

Congratulations on the start of your life change. Your body will soon be thanking you for it. I once read that it only takes 21 days to make a habit, so stick with it. One of my favorite books on starting out as a vegetarian is called: Becoming Vegetarian : The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Vegetarian Diet
by Vesanto Melina, Brenda Davis, Victoria Harrison

It has some great pointers and recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetarian-Tips

Bookmark   January 9, 2001 at 2:35PM
Savita

Hi,

Hmm..getting started. Well, it depends on your lifestyle before. If you never consumed much meat before, making the switch shouldn't be that difficult. But if you did consume lots of it, then it might be a little bit more challenging. What i would do is take each meal at a time. If you prefer to have some sort of meat with your meal, first, try to make it a side dish, for example, instead of a steak or a breast of chicken, how about you take half that breast of chicken and use it a a filler...like in stir fries, or as a topping. Instead of centering your meal around meat, try to make it an add-on. Also, once that starts working out, try going for one day with meat. Then try two and so on. Hope this helps a little bit.

good luck

savita

Bookmark   January 11, 2001 at 5:25PM
carolb

Here are 2 great links that may be of some help....

http://www.healthwell.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegsource.com

Bookmark   January 11, 2001 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: New to Juicing..
My DH and I just bought a juicer!. Today, we bought...
mommap
Broom corn-bulk for consumption?
Does anyone know where I could buy broom corn seeds...
iowariver
RECIPE: Are there any lovers of........
........nutritional yeast in the non-vegetarian group?...
pink_warm_mama_1
LOOKING for: what to use for vegan cooking to replace milk or cr
I am moving away from recipes with dairy and would...
shermp
LOOKING for: Morningstar Farms
Hello fellow veggies; I was wondering what everyone...
michele in ATL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™