Piano Feet

oceangirlmeAugust 21, 2008

I found these brass feet on the curb this week. There's a top piece that has "legs" to it. I know that I could use it as a base of a table. I was also thinking about cutting the legs off, nailing the top and and just using it as a conversation piece. Does anybody else have any suggestions? Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Feet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindasewandsew

I make a lot of birdhouses, and would use this as the bottom of one. Make a birdhouse the same size box as the one in the picture and add whatever you like to the top, Maybe the other piece would make a roof. If you cut off the legs, it won't be nearly as interesting. Linda

Bookmark   August 21, 2008 at 4:40PM
lydia1959

Is there any way you could use it as a towel or coat hanger? I'm not really sure of the size or what the top pieces looks like - but maybe the brass feet would be good for hanging things on?

Bookmark   August 21, 2008 at 5:16PM
texasfern

No ideas here, but what a find!

Bookmark   August 22, 2008 at 9:00AM
akup_a

Put a board, just bigger than the box, on the top of the box to make a shelf. Hang it on the wall. The 3 peddles then become hooks.
Glue ribbon/rope to a picture frame and hang your keep sakes on the peddle hooks. And what a great conversation that would be!
Vickie

Bookmark   August 22, 2008 at 4:24PM
jeannespines

Ahhh, that is a great find! I would trace the open-ended top and make a lid for it...using gold/or brass small hinges. Loosely line the inside with a piece of crushed brown velvet. I would sit this piece in my work area...either desk or countertop and use it for pens/colored pencils or stamps...whatever appeals. That is an unusual find! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 10:58PM
jaybird

You could look for more old parts and have a grand collection :^)

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 1:43PM
justgotabme

I love it! I peeked at the other picture with the legs attached too. I love your idea of adding a small top and making a table out of it. Or as Linda mentioned add a birdhouse to the top.
Or if you have a mail delivery to your door make a mail box for the top and attach it to your home.
Or what about attaching a wood TP holder to the top for a standing dispencer. Talk about a conversation piece! LOL 8^P
~Becky

Bookmark   August 26, 2008 at 9:39PM
susan209

Absolutely wonderful fine, have no ideas but I like the pedals. Also loved the table I saw in your pictures, WOW!!

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 11:52PM
barefootin

I would cover it with an upholstered board with a hinged lid, and use it as a 'foot' stool.....LOL...and a small storage unit...Very cute find!

Bookmark   August 28, 2008 at 1:42AM
justgotabme

So what did you decide to do with it oceangirlme?

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 11:48PM
les917

Very interesting. Those aren't feet, but the damper and sustain pedals for a piano. I would be inclined to add a top that echoes the shape of the pedal box, just larger. I would decoupage and antique piano music on the top of the table, add brass nailheads around the edge, and have a cool side table.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 12:54AM
oceangirlme

Thanks for all of your great ideas. I'm not sure what I am going to do with this. We are moving into a new home at the beginning of November so I will see how I can use there.

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Sponsored Products
FontanaArte | Teso Table
YLiving.com
Black and Brass 19" Wide LED Piano Lamp
Lamps Plus
Orbiter 6-Light Chandelier by James R. Moder
$1,412.00 | Lumens
Luxor Flat Panel Cart - AVJ42C-LCD-LG
Beyond Stores
SomerTile 11.625x11.75-in Reflections Piano Ming Glass and Stone Mosaic Tile (Pa
Overstock.com
Metalarte | Triana Floor Lamp
YLighting
Spa Condensation Blend 1/2x2 Glass Tile
$16.75 | TileBar
Ebony Lacquer Heath Desk
Zuri Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™