Delta cancelled flight - did not inform

otmsheffieldDecember 13, 2006

Less than 48 hours before we're due to leave on a long anticipated family vacation, I discovered that Delta cancelled our flight and assigned us to an earlier one. When I could not pull up our flight # on the Delta website, I called and was told that it was eliminated back on October 15th. The airline had my telephone #, email address and mailing address, yet they failed to use any of them to communicate with me about the change. If I had not thought to check the website this evening, we would have arrived at the airport after our new flight's departure time. The return flight was changed as well, and it's also at an earlier time. Once I got done with Delta, I had to call our ground transportation and change the arrangements with them. Altogether, I wasted about 90 minutes online & on the phone this evening, adding to an already stressful day.

If you have any airline travel booked for the holidays, especially with Delta, be sure to verify your flights well ahead of time and check back close to your departure, too. After previous negative experiences with both Delta and NWA, we went back to driving on all trips that required less than 12 hrs. of road time. This is the first leisure travel we've booked with an airline in several years, and I'm already regretting our decision not to drive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtdivarocks

Are you aware that both NWA and Delta are companies in bankruptcy? You took a chance booking with them.

Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 9:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancylouise_gw

Delta is a company we would never book a flight on. Close friends of ours did not research the airlines and unfortunately booked with Delta. It was a family vacation this past summer. What a disaster trying to get home for them. Constaint overbooking, being lied to by the desk agents just to get you away from the desk, lost luggage, giving out food coupons that the restaurants didn't even accept. One screw up after another by Delta. It took them a whole extra day just to get back home. They will never fly Delta again. NancyLouise

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Any discounts for Disney?
We've never been. DH and I are taking our son and...
Debbi Branka
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™