iso: rental cottage in maine

anathemaNovember 2, 2005

I am planning to visit Maine next summer and am looking for a cottage to rent,preferably on the ocean.All I seem to find online are houses in neighborhoods or cottages with TVs,etc. I am looking for something somewhat isolated that has electric.I want a "camping out" experience with four walls. I went to Half Moon Pond in Vermont this year and rented a cottage and we had a blast. It had beds, a light, and a bathroom down the road. That is essentially what I am looking for in Maine. Does anyone know a website or agency I can contact? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

The best place to find a good summer cottage is in the "Vacation Rentals" section of Downeast Magazine. Their listings start to pick up in late winter and early spring. You can get the magazine at most big bookstores. The listings will give you a good idea of where you might like to stay, so get a good map and have fun. Once you get an idea of where you want to be, you can also Google some of the towns and find a realtor, most of them handle cottage rentals, since it's a big business up there.

You'll love Maine, what a place. Have a great trip.

Bookmark   November 14, 2005 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Where is a good, fun, one day trip in Michigan to visit?
I am looking for something to do with my family over...
mludtke
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™