Ideas for old musical instruments????

iowajewelAugust 19, 2006

Today I saw a show called "Outer Spaces" and she used an old tuba to make a water feature outside on a musical themed patio. It was really cute. THey also used the wooden frame of a guitar to make edge a sunken area for a pet turtle.

They also emptied out a upright piano, lined it with mirrors and recycled it into an bar! It was cute!

I was wondering if anyone has seen other ideas using musical instruments???

I am interested in making some of these things, but wonder if there are others that you have seen???

THanks, Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wichitarick

hi
this has come up on here before and I know I have seen a pic of a fountain with the tuba like you describe.
the link on this thread to pianodesk.com is a good one and real cool I still have a picture in my mind to build a cd case for my bro. shaped like a harmonica about 4 ft. tall so the holes are the slots for the cd,s with pressed tin for the sides. (he plays blues)
I like the idea of just the guitar or other instument case for a shelf with a door on it I just passed up some old cases at a sale that would have worked well .
I would think any brass instument and a fountain kit would be almost instant fountain .
would also think that if you put the word out that you wanted some music junk IE cases trumpet, trobone etc to maybe a music teacher they would hook you up cheap .
Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: instruments

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 2:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Frances_AR

Someone had posted this website on the garden junk side, and the artist got pissed off about the link being there, so he contacted the webmaster and had the post deleted. He has some beautiful creations, I just can't afford the price, but they are gorgeous to look at.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Works

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™