Looking for Ideas...

sarahcorriganAugust 1, 2007

I'm getting ready to redecorate my living room in a shabby chic kind of motif. I am using shades of light pink (think dusty rose), mint green and white. I am painting all of my exsisting furniture to match the color scheme, except for my entertainment center. We have a solid oak thing that was expensive and we don't want to paint. So I am moving it to the bedroom.

I looking for ideas on something unique and unusual to use as an entertainment center that can be painted. I'm good with tools, so some major construction is okay. I am thinking about using a couple of old doors and making something, to fit the space, but I haven't figured out the actual idea yet.

So, I am dunking into the think tank here, because you guys come up with some of the neatest stuff!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Have you checked out Robolady and Thrift Shop Romantic's web pages? They both post on here and have lots of pics of projects on their web sites. They usually post a link on their posts, so you could just type their name in the search box to find them. Hope you come back and post pics of your projects as you complete them. Have fun. Luvs

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 2:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keesha2006

A chest of drawers with the drawers removed or made into doors...

A old steamer trunk, turned on its side so the lid becomes a door.

If you have a wide screen or large tv, a old coffee table makes a great new cabinet..you can add "shelf" under the top between the legs for dvd players, cable boxes..ect..

Depending on the size of the tv..a bakers rack...

I love shabby chic by the way. And I have those colors together...they are a great soft color choice!

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™