Airfare for Spring 2003--buy tickets now or next yr?

judibeanNovember 8, 2002

I'm attending a wedding in Arizona in late April next year. I started looking at airfare prices on all the online travel sites and the lowest I've found is in the mid 200 range (flying from NY). Should I snatch it now or wait for cheaper fares at the beginning of next year? I don't know what a good deal would be for this trip. Anyone know?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cattknap

I'd wait - I think you will find some real deals after the first of the year. I live in CA and often go to the east coast at the end of April - usually get some incredible deals early in the year. Last year got a farewatcher alert from Travelocity in January - bought round trip tickets from LAX to Reagan Nation (Washington D.C.) on Continental Airlnes - paid $120 round trip per ticket. Airfare is high right now because of the holidays - get on the email alert system on Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.
Cathleen

Bookmark   November 8, 2002 at 6:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark_usa

Have you called a travel agency that sells consolidator tickets ? I believe frommers.com has so names of consolidators.
You may also wait for the upcomming Iraq war to start. The number of people flying and the cost of tickets should go way down
bon voyage

Bookmark   January 6, 2003 at 4:11PM
More Discussions
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Travel By Bus
Travelers can easily obtain complete schedule and fare/rate...
drosan
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™