Williamsburg, VA

BobbieWVOctober 29, 2002

My husband and I are planning a trip to Williamsburg - we will tour the Colonial area one day, but would like some suggestions for the remaining time. Any good ideas? Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cattknap

Bobbie - there are so many things to do and see in Colonial Williamsburg - one day is hardly enough - be sure to book walking tours, evening programs (musicals, plays, historical character presentations, etc.). Have dinner at one of the tavers (We like King's Arms for dinner, Christiana Campbell's for breakfast). Go to tea at the Williamsburg Inn - even my husband loved the tea there. Colonial Williamsburg also operates Carter's Grove which is about 10 minutes away on the James River - you could spend several hours there. I couldn't imagine spending less than 2 full days in C.W. and you could easily spend 4 or 5. Be sure to go to Yorktown and Jamestown Settlement. Take a drive along the Jamestown peninsula - there is an interesting driving tour there. I'm not impressed with the Williamsburg outlet malls - but when we go to Williamsburg, I don't want to waste time going to the malls - which I can do at home. About 45 minutes from Williamsburg are several wonderful working plantations along the James River - Shirley Plantation is one of our favorites. Be sure to access Colonial Williamsburg's website www.history.org - see all the things there are to do just in C.W.
Cathleen

Bookmark   October 30, 2002 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™