Williamsburg, VA

BobbieWVOctober 29, 2002

My husband and I are planning a trip to Williamsburg - we will tour the Colonial area one day, but would like some suggestions for the remaining time. Any good ideas? Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cattknap

Bobbie - there are so many things to do and see in Colonial Williamsburg - one day is hardly enough - be sure to book walking tours, evening programs (musicals, plays, historical character presentations, etc.). Have dinner at one of the tavers (We like King's Arms for dinner, Christiana Campbell's for breakfast). Go to tea at the Williamsburg Inn - even my husband loved the tea there. Colonial Williamsburg also operates Carter's Grove which is about 10 minutes away on the James River - you could spend several hours there. I couldn't imagine spending less than 2 full days in C.W. and you could easily spend 4 or 5. Be sure to go to Yorktown and Jamestown Settlement. Take a drive along the Jamestown peninsula - there is an interesting driving tour there. I'm not impressed with the Williamsburg outlet malls - but when we go to Williamsburg, I don't want to waste time going to the malls - which I can do at home. About 45 minutes from Williamsburg are several wonderful working plantations along the James River - Shirley Plantation is one of our favorites. Be sure to access Colonial Williamsburg's website www.history.org - see all the things there are to do just in C.W.
Cathleen

Bookmark   October 30, 2002 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
jujujojo_gw
Hawaiian Vacations
My nephew went on a vacation to the Island Of Molokai....
emma
Sponsored Products
Silkroad Exclusive 60-inch Crema Marfil Marble Stone Top Bathroom Double Sink Va
Overstock.com
15843TZT Bronze Kichler LED Hammered Roof Landscape Path Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
15742BKT Textured Black 8.5 Watts Medium Kichler LED Landscape Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
Outdoor Ceiling Light with Fan: Hampton Bay Portsmouth 52 in. Outdoor Antique Va
$89.97 | Home Depot
Westinghouse Lighting Shades 6-1/2 in. Handblown Clear Williamsburg-Style Shade
$5.97 | Home Depot
Chic Home Tiger Embroidered Comforter Set - 38CK112-AG
$133.99 | Hayneedle
Hudson Valley Mansfield Williamsburg Wall Sconce
1800Lighting
Agee Woodworks Jefferson Wood Fireplace Mantel Surround - JEFFERSON4840BIRCH
$499.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™