Cruise of a lifetime--

ReaderPhilOctober 19, 2005

as far as I'm concerned! My best friend and I are booked on the Authors At Sea cruise on the Carnival Pride ship that will be leaving Los Angeles on April 2. This is a first (and possibly only) cruise for both of us and I would love any tips, web sites, etc. from people who have been on cruises. The only web site I know is cruisecritic.com. We have a suite with an outside balcony. We both got travel insurance just in case! Further plans (flying, passport, etc will be done a little later).

Any help greatly appreciated!!!! Especially if anyone was on the 2004 Authors at Sea cruise.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Glitter53

Carnival, eh? PAR-TAY!!! Hope you're not looking to get a lot of sleep! LOL!! Carnivals are noted for their party atmosphere, lots to do....if that's what you're looking for..ENJOY!!!

Is this the Mexican Riviera Cruise?

Do you have any shore excursions booked? Tours are a great way of seeing places where you'll be docking....you have so little time at each port: take advantage of the tours and see what is worth seeing at each one.

As soon as you get on, book the LATER dinner time. If you're on shore, you'll then have time to return to the ship, shower, and get ready to dine in a much more relaxed manner. Book into a table of 6-8...lots of people to chat with and with that number, you'll usually find someone you want to talk to.

Did you get any shots? IF you're visiting Mexico, etc, get your Hepitatis shots if you're going on shore. Drink only bottled water/sodas/juices or beer. On board you're fine, but if you stray, watch your foods/liquids.

Other than that, RE-LAX! Pace yourselves...ENJOY!!!

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 10:54PM
More Discussions
Terrible Lake House Vacation Experience... Any Advice?
I posted this on the Home Decorating forum, which I...
bestyears
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™