cancun in spring 2006

good36October 25, 2005

What do you think about Cancun next spring? We would be going during spring break which is big bucks. I am worried about the surrounding areas still be rough due to Wilma. I know the hotels should be fine but..... Any thoughts?

Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aka_raeanne

I have a timeshare at the Gran Melia Cancun and they are not expected to be up and running until April - Cancun's infrastructure is not the most efficient under normal circumstances, so I have no idea how long it will take for electric and utilities to be back in operation. I have heard mixed reports that the airport may not be operational for a couple months, not to mention that most of their beautiful beaches are gone. I think you may just have to wait a couple months before you decide. I certainly hope that they get things fixed soon, so that those wonderful people can get back to a normal life.

I would keep a watch on www.tripadvisor.com, click on cancun and then go to their forums, they have people that live near Cancun that will be posting info on the site.

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 11:39AM
kudzu9

Cancun is very important to the Mexican economy. I would expect that they will make repairs to that city a high priority. I wouldn't worry. You've got a number of months before the trip.

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 2:28AM
aka_raeanne

Looks like a lot of progress has already been made, so I bet it will be a go way before Spring Break. I hope I can plan a trip as soon as my hotel is back up and running.

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Terrible Lake House Vacation Experience... Any Advice?
I posted this on the Home Decorating forum, which I...
bestyears
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
Any discounts for Disney?
We've never been. DH and I are taking our son and...
Debbi Branka
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™