Oakland Area/emeryville Locals

starrOctober 23, 2002

Hi I need help! I just found out that I need to be in Oakland/Emeryville Novemeber 1-3. As I am a student and don't have a lot of money to spend, I am looking for something cheap. I just looked into Motel 6 and they have two that are in the Oakland area but I know there are some prety "hard" areas of Oakland and I just want to know that I am staying in a safe area as I will be a single female. The first hotel is at 1801 Embarcadero and the other one is near Oakland airport. There is also one in Walnut Creek and I do remember that that was a nice area so I am willing to go up there if I need to since I will have a car.

Any areas to absolutly avoid would be helpful since I am still looking at other hotel options.

Also, if you know of any cheap hotels in nicer areas, I would really appreciate the feedback!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

There are quite a few hotels in Oakland beside Motel 6. Do you belong to Auto Club? Other that that any travel agency would help you out. Just be carefull. Oakland does have high crime areas--alot. You might want to find some way to lock your door from inside. If necessary be with 2-3 people and don't be afraid to ask someone in the hotel/motel to walk you to your room and check it out. Hope you get this before you leave and have a great trip.
Marie

Bookmark   October 30, 2002 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™