Covered picture frame

sudiepavAugust 29, 2005

I made the coolest thing for my son's birthday. It was so easy that my 2 yr o GD helped! When my son was in high school, he had a favorite shirt that I finally had to hide so he'd quit wearing it because it was in tatters. I tried to buy a replacement but never found anything close. I've saved it all these years (he'll be 30 in October) and I got a terrific idea from a friend who did this with her dad's old shirt. I got a 16 x 20 unfinished picture frame, then cut the shirt in strips about 3-4" wide. I started winding them around the frame, not pulling too tight, so that I could fit a piece of glass into the groove on the back. I tucked them into each other, stapling on the back in a few places (that's what Sarah helped with). I was sure to use the front placket with the buttons, the pocket, the collar. I am going to put glass in it(I had a piece cut at Hobby Lobby; they were a little taken aback but did it anyhow.) I cut a mat and put in a picture of him in his high school baseball uniform. He's seen the frame my friend Barbara has and thought it so neat, but I think I'll get serious eye-rolling from my DIL the interior designer. All of you on the Gulf please keep safe.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
techsupport8

Sounds nice - got a picture?

Bookmark   August 29, 2005 at 3:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sudiepav

Ahhh,Techsupport...I need you to visit! I have a digital camera, and my goal this summer was to learn to post pix. I need to master that...don't even know how to get the Memory card(?) to the computer. My son can help...just need to pin him down. I promise to learn soon and get some pictures of this (and many other) projects. Thx

Bookmark   August 31, 2005 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Sponsored Products
Gervin Leather Sofa - Brighton Energy Pink
Joybird Furniture
Brown Jordan Tables Form 84 in. x 60 in. Rectangular Patio Dining Table
Home Depot
Baxton Studio Levison Gray Linen Modern Accent Chair
Overstock.com
Amber Lily Flower Accent Table Lamp with LED Bulbs
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Penzance Dark Grey Linen Loveseat
Overstock.com
Togetherness Frame
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Rondo Oil Rubbed Bronze Three Light Bath Vanity
$223.00 | Bellacor
Afina Signature Collection Single Door 17W x 36H in. Recessed Medicine Cabinet M
$661.50 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™