Things to do in the Asheville, NC area

cattknapOctober 18, 2004

We visited Biltmore Estate last year and we have tickets in November to see their Christmas candlelight tour. Last year we stayed in downtown Asheville (big mistake) and would like to stay close to the Biltmore this year (any suggestions for middle-price hotels) - we would also love to find other fun things to see and do in the area. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trixietx

We stayed at the Grove Park Inn and loved it. We rented a car and drove to a couple of small towns closeby and I can't remember the names. But enjoyed it, they were small and had lots of antique shops, old time soda fountains, just little old time towns.
I thoroughly enjoyed Ashville.
Hope you have a good time!

Bookmark   October 23, 2004 at 10:35AM
cattknap

Oh good Trixie - we too are staying at the Grove Park Inn and DH and I are getting an aromatherapy massage - we are excited! Antique stores - oh fun! We are going to check out Hendersonville, Flat Rock and some other retirement havens.

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 5:26PM
backyardbill

Its been a few years since I have been in the area, but not to far from there is a place you can pan for rubies (like paning for gold) and other stones for a price. Bill

Bookmark   November 3, 2004 at 12:54AM
chery2

Just got back from visiting nephew in Asheville. We had a good look inside the Grove Park Inn and took lots of pictures. They have a wonderful spa. chery-va

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 10:32PM
dayenu

in addition to Biltmore and antique shops, ashville is a the capital for american crafts. lots of shops and some museums. Have fun.

Bookmark   July 21, 2005 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™