Need New Orleans Help

elizabethdOctober 24, 2002

Hi

My first New Orleans trip is coming up in November. We are flying from Newfoundland (Canada) to NO and taking a cruise from there. We will be spending two separate nights in NO. I am VERY excited. I hear it is a wonderful city. Our problem is finding a nice place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We are dealing with the Canadian/US exchange rate which doesn't help but we've yet to find anything less than $150 US.

We are open to historical, cultural, inn's and B&B's if anyone has some suggestions. Basically we want something CLEAN and close to the Ports and riverwalk.

I would GREATLY appreciate feedback from anyone who knows that part of town.

Thanks Very Much

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KTKelly

Not sure what the rates are but the Doubletree is located very near the "Quarter" and the Riverwalk.

Other than that, I'd do a B&B search for anything actually in the "Quarter".

Bookmark   October 26, 2002 at 9:57AM
apoem

We go to New Orleans ever year almost. We end up staying just outside of town because if you get down where you can walk to things it gets fairly expensive. Let me know if you find something reasonable and we'll try it next time we are there.

G

Bookmark   October 27, 2002 at 2:58AM
makalu_gw

Try www.hotels.com ... I've stayed at the Monteleone and it's not too bad (smaller hotel in the Quarter) and the Le Meridian is a big hotel like a Hyatt just across Canal from the Quarter. Never been in the Maison Dupuy but it looked ok from the outside. My folks usually stay at the Royal Sonesta but it's more expensive unless you catch a special.

Some of the garden district hotels can be nice also if you don't mind the 20-30 minute streetcar ride to the Quarter.

Bookmark   October 27, 2002 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™