beaches resort

mdmomSeptember 30, 2002

Does anyone have an opinion or any experience with Beaches in Turks and Caicos? We're planning a family vacation there - 2kids ages 12 and 9.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
acey

Are you talking about a resort known as Beaches, or the beaches in general?....If a resort, I'm sure they have trained their staff to attend to your needs. If about the beaches, and the island in general, Yes, I have a definite opinion...and the tourism board of T&C won't like it.

We had a scuba diving vacation there. The people were very unfriendly. Snobbish. Wait persons could care less if you sat for 15 minutes in their presence for your morning coffee. Smiles would fracture their stone faces. Never a pleasantry uttered.

I'm a well-travelled person, and as a whole, the people of T&C are the least friendly I've ever encountered. Now, I was told this beforehand, and thought to myself, this can't be true, being a people person, and usually very Will Rogers like ("I never met a man I didn't like..."). But it was true.

The diving was spectacular. We (DH and me) decided that when we go back for the great diving, we will do a "live-aboard" dive boat experience, and not bother with the locals again.

Now, the people on the island of SABA, N.A. are wonderful, charming, and friendly.

Unless your kids snorkel and love it, there will not be much to do, unless "Beaches" provides it. Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear.

Bookmark   October 2, 2002 at 7:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SummerBreezeNY

Well I was at Beaches Resort in Turks & Caicos last year had had a awesome trip. There is so many things for the kids to do. Sure there were some locals that were not "that" friendly but on average most were. Anywhere you go you are going to encounter different types of people. Some nice, some not so nice. I have also traveled to many places and Turks is on my top 10 list. Here is a link to a good message group for Turks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turks & Caicos

Bookmark   October 18, 2002 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
Travel By Bus
Travelers can easily obtain complete schedule and fare/rate...
drosan
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™