?? for slow on tile lab

anneinva_2009April 20, 2010

when you use the glossy tile lab sealer, do you just spread it on and leave it there?

i used the non glossy because it said for exterior and just painted it on. does the glossy look better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Much better. I just want the grout to be glossy - not flat. One of my first inside projects, I wanted glossy grout, and used polyurethene. NOT - it just doesn't work. On humid days, it w/turn white. I scrubbed it as best I could to get it off. LOVE Tile Lab gloss - not TOO glossy - just right. I brush it on and leave it. It doesn't show up on anything but the mirror, and I use lots of mirror. It sorta makes the mirror tiles look like it's under water. If I were not so lazy, I could steel wool it off.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 7:46PM
wackyweeder

Have you ever used it in an application where it was submerged in water all the time like a birdbath or a fountain? I need a sealer for that and I am afraid it will turn milky...

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 8:50PM
texaswild

Hi, WACKY. I didn't seal the sink I made into a water feature or the birdbath, and they hold water. Like I say, I only use the sealer to make the grout prettier. IMO, if you use cement-based adhesive, you don't need to seal it. It is not a water proofer. Sealer - to me - is to prevent staining. For example, I read on the lable of the bottle, when I was sealing my kitchen counter/backsplash, to seal once a year to prevent stains on the grout. No way am I doing that. My grout is white, and I just spritz it often w/bleach and wash off. Helps keep down germs too.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
bees
did I share this here? Yggdrasil and the Divine Intoxicant...
nicethyme
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Sponsored Products
T Trak Peyton Pendant
Lightology
Sample-Aquatic Ocean Blue 1x1 Squares Glass Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Crystal Bakehouse One-Light Pendant in Silver Leaf Finish with Handcrafted Polis
Bellacor
Arte Vino Cork-Wrapped Utensil Crock/Chiller
$19.99 | zulily
Atlantis Tubs 3660PDL Petite 36 x 60 x 23 - Inch Oval Air & Whirlpool Jetted Bat
Beyond Stores
Notre Dame Mosaic Outdoor Serving Cart - 21-1316
$494.00 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Handmade Mahal Ancestry Red/ Ivory Wool Rug (9'6 x 13'6)
Overstock.com
60 x 32 Granite Stone Bathroom Gray Shower Base - VENISE
Living'ROC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™