?? for slow on tile lab

anneinva_2009April 20, 2010

when you use the glossy tile lab sealer, do you just spread it on and leave it there?

i used the non glossy because it said for exterior and just painted it on. does the glossy look better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Much better. I just want the grout to be glossy - not flat. One of my first inside projects, I wanted glossy grout, and used polyurethene. NOT - it just doesn't work. On humid days, it w/turn white. I scrubbed it as best I could to get it off. LOVE Tile Lab gloss - not TOO glossy - just right. I brush it on and leave it. It doesn't show up on anything but the mirror, and I use lots of mirror. It sorta makes the mirror tiles look like it's under water. If I were not so lazy, I could steel wool it off.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 7:46PM
wackyweeder

Have you ever used it in an application where it was submerged in water all the time like a birdbath or a fountain? I need a sealer for that and I am afraid it will turn milky...

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 8:50PM
texaswild

Hi, WACKY. I didn't seal the sink I made into a water feature or the birdbath, and they hold water. Like I say, I only use the sealer to make the grout prettier. IMO, if you use cement-based adhesive, you don't need to seal it. It is not a water proofer. Sealer - to me - is to prevent staining. For example, I read on the lable of the bottle, when I was sealing my kitchen counter/backsplash, to seal once a year to prevent stains on the grout. No way am I doing that. My grout is white, and I just spritz it often w/bleach and wash off. Helps keep down germs too.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™