I'm a long-time lurker, and i just wanted to tell you

pegtnAugust 2, 2007

all that I love the creative work that you do. I love to go to yardsales, flea markets, and thrift stores looking for treasures to re-do. I grew up working in a craft store, so I learned a little bit about decorative painting as a teenager. I still love to paint. I also love to refinish pieces also. For some reason, i'm drawn to small side tables, end tables, and night stands. I love to strip the paint or old varnish off just to see whats hiding underneath lol. Sometimes i will stain the piece, but if the wood is not in good shape, then I will paint it. Right now I am working on an old small table that I paid $1 for, another small 1/2 round end table that i paid $3 for, a night stand i got for $10, and a small three legged stool with a handle on it. I have them all stripped, I just need to sand them down some more and they will be ready to stain. In another post, I asked about other uses for a silverware chest i bought. I am thinking of maybe making it into an art supply chest for my neice. Any other ideas on what to do with it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countrygrl

I've also wondered about those silverware chests. You see them all the time at garage sales. You wonder where the silverware is! Welcome to the board, and I'd love to see some of your work. I admire people that refurnish old furniture. I don't have the patience for it. Please take some pictures and show us what you've done!

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 11:12AM
craftylady-2006

Welcome to the forum Peg, you'll have a wonderful time posting and participating now that you've come out of lurkdom. Have you checked out "Robolady" "Margo's" website yet? She's got some fantastic ideas of her own and of others on furniture transformations. You'll just love her new homemade porch "bed bench". It's so lovely.

Sal

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 9:29PM
pegtn

Oh I just love Robolady's site. I've spent alot of time there the other day just looking around lol. Lots of beautiful transformations.

Bookmark   August 6, 2007 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Sponsored Products
Nourison Persian Arts Beige Rug (7'9 x 7'9 Octagon)
Overstock.com
Capresso Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
$169.99 | FRONTGATE
Time 7-lt Pendant Light
LBC Lighting
Gus Modern | Finch Desk
YLiving.com
Palermo Double Wall Sconce by Eglo
$118.00 | Lumens
Lamps: Amherst 1 Light 72 in Adjustable Lamp 21398ORB
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: