Thanksgiving for a family

CORoadieSeptember 28, 2013

Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back in CT and we wanted to do a family getaway on the west side of CT/East side of NY so that a) we could spend Thanksgiving together which we haven't had the chance to do in many years and b) so my daughter and wife can go into NYC for at least one day of the Thanksgiving weekend (my son and I may or may not join them). Looking for a place we can stay, not in the city, that would provide us a chance to be together, do some fun, laid back things and that also will serve Thanksgiving dinner (or have a nearby restaurant we can go to). My mom is partially disabled, doesn't do long walks or stairs well and will probably need ground floor accommodations. It may be our last time together as a family since my mom is getting up there in years, can no longer travel to Colorado and my daughter just started college and her brother will be starting in a couple of years so looking to make this Thanksgiving special. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

There's very little traffic on this forum, so try one of the busy social forums like Kitchen Table or Cooking. Someone will help!

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™