Things to do in Seattle

stmiddlebrooksSeptember 6, 2006

My husband and I are going to Seattle in 2 weeks. We will have 3 full days for sight-seeing and other stuff(He's there for work the other days). Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

It would help to know what it is that you like to do. My favorite thing is to take the ferry from downtown Seattle to either Bainbridge Island or Bremerton. Bremerton is what I usually choose because it takes longer, but Bainbridge Island is charming and has shops and restaurants to spend time in between ferries. No need to take your car. It is much easier to go as a passenger. As an alternative, if you like a more planned excursion, you can cruise to Tillicum Village on Blake Island and have a smoked salmon dinner followed by native drumming and dancing. You need to get your ticket for this in advance. The cruise starts from downtown Seattle.

You will want to visit the Pike Street Market

I like to visit universities. The University of Washington campus is very nice. IF you go, be sure to check out the reading room in the Suzzalo library. You can also check out the Burke museum while you are there.

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 8:16PM
susanjf_gw

love the ferry rides...but you must "do" pike's market, and pioneer square..they have(had) an "underground" tour that's great. don't forget if you don't mind price and height the space needle. they used to have the best caramel coated apples...the supersized red...

we also enjoyed the boat and fish locks... it's amazing how the salmon have adapted...

the floating bridges to the eastside are neat...

been years since we lived there, but depending on where you're staying, and if you have transportation available, several malls, etc...(while dh is slaving away, lol)

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 9:11PM
Jamie_MS

We loved Pikes Market too! Also, if you're there on a Sunday morning, brunch at the Space Needle is excellent! It's pricey but well worth it. You'll need a reservation for that.

Bookmark   December 20, 2006 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™