Trip to Boston

azmomSeptember 17, 2008

We will travel to Boston next week for 5 days. This is a short notice trip instead of a well planned one. We need your advice.

It will be just two of us with a rental car. We are physically fit and free to go anywhere in the surrounding areas in these 5 days. We are quite adventurous; enjoy cultural events, sites and !good food! We like bargains, but donÂt mind splurging a little for a "must have" experience.

Your suggestions will be truly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Well, you're coming at the right time for Haunted Happenings in Salem. Come on a weekend, if you can - it's a big party! (I'm not even into Halloween and I enjoy it.)

You can drive from Boston, but there's lots of traffic during Haunted Happenings. You might want to take the train from North Station (the Salem train station is right downtown, so it's easy to walk everywhere) or the Salem Ferry (it lets you out near the House of the Seven Gables, also within walking distance of everything).

I'm giving you the site for Haunted Happenings, but a few things that are especially fun are ghost stories on the Friendship (a tall ship anchored in Salem Harbor), a tour of the House of the Seven Gables, and "Cry Innocent" at Old Town Hall (it's a play version of a witch trial, and the audience plays the jury). I'd recommend Strega as an excellent place to eat. (It's on the website.)

Feel free to email me privately if you're interested. I can give you directions and other ideas, if you like. Hope you have a great time!

Here's the website for the Salem Ferry: http://www.salemferry.com/directions.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: Haunted Happenings

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 12:09AM
More Discussions
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Hawaiian Vacations
My nephew went on a vacation to the Island Of Molokai....
emma
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™